Sleepy Hollow Community Pool Safety and General Rules
All Use Is at User’s Risk
SHHA Assumes No Responsibility for Injury and/or Damage to Person or Property
Refer also to Membership, Check-In, and Guest Policies
1. Use of the pool will be restricted to PAID POOL MEMBERS only.
2. All individuals must register upon entering the premises, give the membership name, and be prepared to present a photo ID.
3. Non-swimmers, whether or not wearing a flotation device must be accompanied in the pool by a parent or caregiver within arm’s reach.
4. All, including babies, must be clothed in appropriate swimming attire. Children who are not toilet trained must wear reusable swim diapers, snugly fitting at the waist and legs.
5. Children 10 and under, and all non-swimmers, must be accompanied at the pool by a parent, other adult member, or authorized caregiver.
6. Absolutely no glass containers on the pool deck or within the pool facility.
7. No running, pushing, spitting, excessively rough games or play, back dives, or other activities deemed in appropriate in the sole discretion of the lifeguard.
8. Use of pool toys, apparatus, balls, etc., is at the sole discretion of the lifeguard.
9. Observe child rest periods or adult swim only periods when called by lifeguard. Generally this will be 10 minutes each hour, at the sole discretion of the lifeguard.
10. Stay out of lap lanes if not swimming laps. When lap lane is occupied, do not cross lane.
11. Do not hang on to the lane lines under any circumstances.
12. Baby pool is strictly limited to non-swimmers under the age of 6 years.
13. No food in the pool or in the locker rooms. All food on the pool deck must be cleaned up and leftovers/garbage properly disposed of in the containers provided.
14. Absolutely no intoxicants (beverages or otherwise) on the SHHA pool premises. Individuals having consumed intoxicants may be denied use of the pool and access to the pool premises at the sole discretion of the lifeguard.
15. No dogs allowed on the SHHA premises. Owners of dogs left unattended or tied to fences on the property or adjacent properties are subject to revocation of membership.
16. Smoking is not allowed within the SHHA pool premises.
Lifeguards and the management will enforce all rules, whether set forth herein or not, required for the proper use of the pool and protection of the users.