Sleepy Hollow Community Pool Safety and General Rules
All pool members participating in lap or family swim or entering the pool area for any reason are required to sign a Covid-19 Health & Safety Waiver, in addition to the traditional Release and Hold Harmless Agreement. Current pool members will receive instructions on how to access the waiver, along with the link to lap and family swim sign up
Refer also to Membership, Check-In, and Guest Policies under Pool Rules
These policies are subject to change at any time based on new guidelines or directives issued by the Marin County Public Health Officer and/or the operational needs of the Center.
Memberships are available at shha.org for Sleepy Hollow residents with current SHHA membership.
Sleepy Hollow Community Pool
SHHA is excited to have our Sleepy Hollow Community Pool open! Our commitment to the health and safety of our members and our staff is top priority. To do our best to keep everyone safe and ensure a smooth transition we have opened in phases with adherence to the Marin HHS Guidelines.
We opened Monday June 22nd for Lap Swim for Pool Members for two weeks with the goal to add Family Swim to the schedule at the end of the two weeks or as soon as possible. We added family swim July 8. Effective July 18, opening hours are longer to allow more flexible lap swim options and more family swim sessions, generally from noon to weekdays and from 11:00am weekends.
We will adapt the schedule and opening hours as need to offer as much as possible and comply with health and safety guidelines. Hours and session times may vary from weekday to weekends. Note carefully your sign up time.
We cannot accommodate guests or drop-ins at this time.
- Reservations for each week will be open on Sunday morning by 10 am.
- Online reservations can be made for one week at a time.
- At this time, lap swim reservations are limited to one lane per membership per day, and family swim reservations are limited to up to three reservations per week.
- Lap swim sessions will have 3 or 6 lanes available for reservation for one hour total, including check-in and exit.
- Family swim sessions will have 2 or 4 quadrants available for reservation for one hour total, including check-in and exit.
- If you are unable to honor your reservation time, please cancel it online at least two hours (and preferably twenty-four hours) in advance of your reservation start time.
- Last minute reservations are allowed. Must be online.
- It is essential that you do not come to the pool if you are experiencing any symptoms of illness or have been exposed to anyone who is suspected of having or has tested positive for COVID-19 within the prior 14 days.
- Do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to your reservation. Please line up along the pathway leading up to the pool gate and wait to be checked in each time.
- Members are required to wear a mask when entering and exiting the facility and when not in the pool.
- You will be checked in on the hour at the gate by the social distancing life guard on duty. No arrivals after 10 past the hour. Swimmers be prepared to exit the pool 15 minutes before the next hour.
- Practice Social Distancing of at least 6 feet (2 meters). No congregating in or around the pool.
- Please arrive in swim attire, with your own towel, ready to swim.
- Please bring your own water bottle. No food or alcohol. The snack bar will be closed.
- Locker rooms will be available for restroom use only.
- Please refrain from touching gates, fences, chairs if possible.
- No extracurricular activities or social activities to take place before, during or after pool reservation. (No tanning)
- No Guests at this time
- No Drop-Ins (Pool members at this time only)
- Only people with reservations during a specific session will be allowed to enter the pool facility.
- All pool users are required to sign the COVID-19 waiver.
- Standard pool rules posted on the website and at the Pool remain in effect.
Lap Swimming Specific Rules*
- Use of the lap pool will be limited to one person per lane, except family members may share a lane, provided total pool occupancy does not exceed 10. Swim in opposite directions. All swimmers must stay in center of your lane.
- Ages 11 and up for lap swim only.
- Family members wishing to lap swim the same day are encouraged to share a lane. Sign up for one lane. Both swimmers may come to the pool, prepared to share a lane. If there is an available lane, the Guard may allow use of that lane.
Family Swimming Specific Rules*
- No age limit.
- Up to three adults and all minor children of the family may participate.
- A reservation is for the member family only and cannot be combined with another family even if they are in a social pod together.
- Authorized adult caregiver, registered on line with the membership, may bring the minor children to the pool without the parents.
- Responsible adult must be in the water with non-swimmers.
- Coast Guard approved flotation only.
- No "floaties" or pool toys.
- Children not fully toilet trained must wear snugly fitting, re-useable swim diapers.
* Note: These policies are subject to change at any time based on new guidelines or directives issued by the Marin County Public Health Officer and/or the operational needs of the Sleepy Hollow Community Center.
2020 Sleepy Hollow Community Pool Memberships
We thank you for your pool membership. Sleepy Hollow Pool has fixed costs and we are working to offer options attractive to all members. In July we closed memberships for Friends of Sleepy Hollow, to have as much access to the pool as possible for existing members, both Residents and Friends. We look forward to welcome more members next year.